stories and alerts from Finnair Cargo
At Finnair Cargo News we present the latest news and analysis along with time-critical bulletins informing our customers and partners about new developments and other practicalities.
15 eye-opening opinions from air cargo and logistics influencer Fredrik Wildtgrube
Finnair Cargo’s head of global sales, Fredrik Wildtgrube, regularly takes the stage at international air cargo and logistics events and journalists love his insights. Here are 15 incisive thoughts about the biggest issues.
- Three big names in logistics have come up with something called the ‘Internet of Logistics’, but what is it?
New robotics technology corrects Special Handling Code errors twice as fast
30% of all global cargo shipments have faulty data. A Finnair Cargo pilot of robotic process automation has cut data correction time in half.
- Fredrik Wildtgrube: Growing demand for air freight is having an unprecedented impact on speed
- Janike, Network Supervisor: I enjoy making decisions under pressure and I love the daily speed of operations
- Why 15 years of direct flights is not the only huge milestone Finnair Cargo is celebrating in Shanghai this year
- Why CEIV Pharma certification is just as relevant as ever for Finnair Cargo and the industry
- 7 of the most modern air cargo terminals in the world
- The best air cargo and passenger terminals according to sustainability assessors, BREEAM
- What happened to the air cargo market in Q2 2018?
- Norwegian seafood and Finnair Cargo: a match made in the Nordics
- Precious Norwegian king crabs hitch a chilled ride to Seoul
- Flying the short Northern route with salmon from Norway to Asia
- Finnair Environmental green milestones history
Cargo Eye: new live cargo monitoring capabilities for the digital age
Cargo Eye is a new monitoring tool that provides data in real-time. New digital tools and data streams are transforming customer experience.
- 2017 result: historic year for Finnair as cargo revenue rockets 13.5% to €197.4 million
- Finnair's new routes and frequencies in 2018 strongly reflect Cargo's growing influence in Asia
- Inside the air cargo journey of aurora salmon from Norway to Japan
- What does green air cargo terminal design look like?
Amazing facts about Europe's most modern air cargo terminal
Everyone in air cargo is talking about Finnair Cargo's new €80M COOL Nordic Cargo Hub in Helsinki because it's a vision of the future.
Finnair Cargo announces launch of Push for Change, a biofuel and CO2 offset service
05.06.2019 | Cargo customers will soon have an easy way to offset the CO2 emissions of shipments by supporting CO2 reduction projects or buying biofuels.
Mikko Tainio to succeed Janne Tarvainen as Finnair Cargo Managing Director from start of August
04.06.2019 | Mikko Tainio currently serves as the Managing Director of Finnair Kitchen and has vast experience from different Finnair functions.
New security procedure for shipments to USA starting on 12 June 2019
04.06.2019 | US authorities start a new security procedure called ACAS on the 12th of June. This has implications for Finnair Cargo customers.
Swissport appointed new terminal operator at the COOL Nordic Cargo Hub in Helsinki
Bookings for animals must be made through a forwarding company
Temporary schedule change for Delhi flights because of Pakistan airspace closure
Finnair begins year-round flights to Hanover HAJ on 29th April
New thrice weekly route to Los Angeles LAX with A350 begins 31st March 2019
How to insert customs data into Finnair Cargo’s SkyChain for shipments to China
From 1st April 2019 e-AWB Single Process available on Finnair's Seoul route
Finnair partners announced for biofuel and CO2 offset service starting early 2019
From 1 January 2019 Finnish Customs will harmonise the release of goods for transit procedure at all offices
From 1st December bookings for live animal shipments must be made through a forwarding company
Finnair offers same-day connections via Helsinki thanks to new wide-body service on Brussels route
New Finnair Cargo GSA in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
New Finnair Cargo GSA in mainland China
Updated information concerning shipments to China (non-Finland agents)
Updated information concerning shipments to China for agents in Finland
Incredible new 360-film taking you into the hidden world of air cargo
Special handling codes for pharma shipment bookings
Temporary embargo for AVI is now lifted
New customs information indicator for FWB/FHL messages for shipments to China
Temporary embargo for AVI and Quick Delivery shipments will continue until the end of March
New declaration procedure in Beijing (PEK) for import transfer cargo from 1st March 2018
New telephone number for Finnair Cargo Customer Service at COOL terminal