Finnair's new routes and frequencies in 2018 strongly reflect our Asia growth strategy and Finnair Cargo's growing influence in Asia. New 2018 destinations include a new year-round flight to Nanjing beginning May 13th 2018, and increased capacity for Tokyo and Bangkok.
Finnair's new destinations in 2018 and route increases for summer 2018 (Finnair press release) mean increased capacity of 14% on the record-breaking year in 2017.
But if you're a Cargo customer then you don't need to read about every single new beach destination for passengers or increased capacity for some hotspot in the sun. That's why we've collected together all the key changes that will impact Finnair Cargo customers, especially.
Below you can also find Finnair Cargo's summer timetables to and from Helsinki.
Headlines: new routes and increased capacity
- A new year-round route to Nanjing, China opens on 13th of May 2018.
- New non-stop route to Lisbon (4 weekly flights from June 1st) offering convenience for Asian connections.
- New daily Stuttgart route will open on 23rd April 2018 (Finnair's 6th destination in Germany).
- Increased capacity for Tokyo, Bangkok, Delhi, San Francisco and Chicago.
- Increased capacity on several of Finnair's popular short-haul European routes in summer 2018.
Increased capacity for Finnair on major long-haul routes in summer 2018
- Chicago: Finnair will fly daily to Chicago from April to October with the addition of two weekly frequencies.
- San Francisco: Increased operating season for the three weekly flights, now from 3rd May to 27th September.
- Tokyo Narita: Finnair will now fly twice per day on three days per week.
- Bangkok: three new weekly frequencies added bringing total to 10 weekly frequencies during summer and 16 during winter season.
- Delhi: one new weekly frequency added bringing summer total to 4 weekly frequencies and 6 weekly during winter.
Increased frequencies for high-demand European destinations during summer 2018 season
- Tallinn: 7 new weekly frequencies, flying up to 10 times daily.
- Moscow: one additional daily flight, bringing the daily total to 3 flights and up to 6 times daily.
- Gdansk: Extra daily flight doubling total flights to 2 per day.
- Edinburgh: 4 additional weekly frequencies.
- Barcelona: 4 additional weekly frequencies between June and August, bringing total to 14 per week.
- Madrid: 3 additional weekly frequencies from June to October, bringing total to 10 weekly frequencies.
- Reykjavik: 2 additional weekly flights.
- Dublin, Malaga, Tel Aviv, Billund, Venice: one weekly additional freqency each.