Finnair Cargo Online booking service was launched on the 14th of September 2021 with the objective to make cargo bookings easier than before. The launch was rolled out gradually throughout the autumn and the service can now be used in most of Europe and in South Korea. The roll-out to other countries continues during spring 2022.
The online service features include the option to view real-time capacity and rates, book and get a confirmation instantly, track shipments, make changes to bookings and enter relevant information – all in one place. It reduces the need to contact customer service directly.
At Beweship the new online booking service has been used for all standard shipments, to make the bookings, view the rates, and inspect the schedules.
- The more we use the program the simpler it feels. We have also used other web booking services before, so we haven't had to make any major changes to how we work, says Jorma Westberg, the Air Freight Export Manager at Beweship.
For Beweship easy tracking is the most important improvement with the new service.
- With Finnair Cargo Online, we appreciate that you can see the status of all shipments at once, without having to track each one separately, Westberg explains.
The users at Beweship have also found that entering information such as OCIs (other customs information) and MRNs (movement reference numbers) is more convenient than before.
Beweship is looking forward to using the service even more in the future and they especially hope that truck appointments for shipment pick-up or deliveries at Finnair Cargo’s COOL terminal at Helsinki Airport can be added to the service as well.
24/7 service appreciated
At DHL Global Forwarding the new online booking service and all its features are used close to daily. The new portal is seen as a positive change.
Antti Hyrkkänen, who works as an Airfreight Export Customer Specialist at DHL Global Forwarding says that they are also pleased that their input was included in the development of the service.
- It is great that we were asked for our feedback and changes have already been made accordingly. I think this way of working really improves the user-friendliness of the portal, he states.
The users at DHL Global Forwarding feel the service is simpler and clearer than the previous one. They also point out that it's good that you can access more relevant information directly.
- It is very useful to see all flight details immediately, Hyrkkänen explains.
The most important feature for DHL Global Forwarding is the instant confirmations and the round-the-clock access to the service. This has an impact on the customer service they can provide.
- Previously, booking via email or phone meant that there was always a waiting period. Also, the possibility to make bookings on all days of the week is good. Our customers work every day and now we have the option to offer Finnair solutions for them on the weekends as well, says Ville Mäkelä, Gateway Lead and Capacity Management at DHL Global Forwarding.
Mäkelä feels that the new portal has brought improvements across the booking process.
- In a nutshell, the online service is easy to use, offers access to bookings every day of the week, and always gives options for several routes and flights. These are definitely the most important benefits that have an impact on our work, he sums up.
See further information: Service features and user guidance