FIRST is priority cargo and BUSINESS means standard cargo service.
Finnair Cargo’s priority cargo, FIRST, offers a reliable fast-track solution for your urgent cargo shipments. Book FIRST for guaranteed capacity on a short notice.
Key benefits for customers:
- Guaranteed capacity (depending on the aircraft type)
- Reliability – money back guarantee* (50%) if not flown as booked
- New bookings accepted up to 24h before the departure
- Short handling and transit times in Helsinki
- 24/7 customer service & support
- Available for special cargoes too (see details below)
FIRST product features
Cut-off time in HEL**
Cargo availability after landing in HEL**
Special cargo acceptance***
Shipment size limitations (max weight per piece)
Capacity guarantee (per booking per aircraft type)****
Money back guarantee (if not flown as booked)*
—50% of the original price (not valid for RFS)
Customer service 24/7 / priority support
Shipment gross weight:
Finnair flights (excl. ATRs) & road feeder services (RFS)
* Money back guarantee
In the following cases the money back guarantee is not valid:
- At origin by forwarder:
- Late delivery, incomplete data, missing or incomplete documents, booking tolerance discrepancy (booked vs actual), actual dimensions or volume not matching booking, wrong labelling and insufficient packaging, failed screening, customs-related issues, missing special handling codes
- Road feeder services (RFS)
- Force majeure:
- Weather-related, be it for aircraft, ferry or truck, flood, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, lightning, volcano eruption, snowstorm etc.
- War, riots, political uprisings, civil commotion, acts of state or governmental action prohibiting or impeding any party from performing its respective obligations, interference by civil or military authorities
- Strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, blockades, hostilities, labour disputes
- Crime, terrorist-related threats or attacks, sabotage, piracy, pandemic events
- Fire, explosion, prolonged shortage of energy supplies, embargoes
- Flight cancellations due to technical reasons or weather, change of aircraft, aircraft delayed on inbound route when shipment transiting via Helsinki
** Outstations: handling times subject to station capabilities – please contact your local office for further information.
*** DG shipments, including SHL, ELI, ELM, ICE, RRE, REQ, RDS and MAG, subject to DG acceptance check. See acceptance times at Helsinki Airport (HEL) above.
**** Individual exceptions are possible due to technical and routing reasons.
***** If the discrepancy between booked and actual weight is larger than the booking tolerance, we can not guarantee that the FIRST shipment will be flown as booked.